Sunday, March 2, 2008

Web 2.0

This weeks assignment was informative and educational. I have been learning many things about the web 2.0 movement. The web 2.0 movement caught me almost by accident. I have learned about these sites from other people who were using the tools in a variety of means. I have been excited with the creation and ablities that they have to offer. There are several websites that I would like to share. The first two are not in the list given, but I thought they were important. I find that google,http://www.google.com has many features other than helping to search for information. There is a feature called 'documents' that I found and use as a great way of communicating and collaborting with others. I am able to upload and download different documents and work with other individuals without having to meet and work on one computer. I can create a document, another individual may then log in and modify and then save the changes so I can view them. It has allowed for great flexibility and productivity.
The second website that I have found and used recently is 'Myfamily', http://www.myfamily.com. My wife and I have set this site up as a way to communicate among both sides of our family. It is a very interactive site that has allowed for a lot of uun and a great way to stay involved with both of our families. Since our families are spread throughout the country, it is a great way to see what is happening and not miss out on many of lifes exciting moments.
I visited the 'Twitter',http://www.twitter.com site and set up my account. I am not sure how I will use this site to my benefit yet. I am sure I will integrate it as another way to stay in contact with friends and family. I use Myspace as a way of communicating but I like how Twitter has the instant ability to send a text message to ones phone. That could be fun.
In the 'flickr'http://www.flickr.com site I uploaded a picture that I took. I started looking around this site and wondered how I might use it. I like to take pictures of a variety of subjects and thought this would be a great way to get opinions from other people and help improve my photography skills. http://www.flickr.com/photos/24326093@N03/2306758748/, this is the picture that I posted, please let me know what you think.
I read other students entries on the discussion board and this article that one student used was a great way to help explain the differences in web 1.0 to web 2.0. http://www.oreilly.com/pub/a/oreilly/tim/news/2005/09/30/what-is-web-20.html. I really enjoy the direction of web 2.0 and I would like to incorporate into the lives of my family and friends and hopefully they will be able to see the benefits that I have.

1 comment:

Marcy said...

Wow! That picture took my breath away because we took that same train ride from Silverton to Durango many years ago. The kids were little and it was one of our more memorable family vacations. Wasn't that train ride just beautiful? I haven't been on another one to compare to it yet.